Dark eye circles also called under eye puffiness or periorbital dark circles are one of the most common skin problems that can be cured with dark circle home remedies. A population-based study of American Academy of Dermatology confirmed that 6 out of 10 adults experience dark circle under eye at some point. There are different type and causes associated with under eye puffiness. Let’s discuss before starting the home remedies for dark circle
Types of Dark Circles
- Bluish circles
(caused by lifestyle)
- Violet-Reddish circles
(linked with aging & genetics)
- Shadowy & dark circles
(Due to loss of collagen)
- Brownish-Black dark circles
(Caused by excessive pigmentation)
Other Causes of Dark Circles
- Excessive sun exposure
- Less sleep
- Extreme tiredness
- Wrong makeup & cosmetics
- Skin allergies
Doesn’t matter the type symptom, the good news is they are simply treatable with dark circle home remedies. Listed below are the best home remedies for dark circle/bags under the eyes. ⇓
Dark Circle Home Remedies
Baking Soda – The Dark Circle Home Remedies
Baking soda is the finest solution for those who asked how to remove dark circles permanently? Yes, alkaline and mild abrasive effect of baking soda maintains skin pH and reduce puffiness under eyes. Further, it is a great exfoliant which helps to treat dark circles fast.
You Will Need
• Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
• Hot water – 1 glass
• Cotton balls
• Make a solution of baking soda and water then soak cotton balls and place under your eyes for 10 minutes.
• Wash your face with Homemade face wash or a mild soap.
• Repeat the same process every day for 15 days to clear under eye dark circles.
• Avoid delicate skin around your eyes while using baking soda.
Coffee Eye Mask – The Dark Circle Home Remedies
How to remove dark circles overnight? Why don’t you try coffee eye mask? The coffee mask is the best alternative to reduce under eyes puffiness within few days. Coffee eye mask based on three important ingredients, Coffee, Aloe Vera gel and Vitamin E oil.
Coffee contains antioxidant properties which help to fight against free radicles. Moreover, its natural properties reduce inflammation, redness and under eyes circles. On the other hand, Aloe Vera gel is also a powerful component of this under eye treatment which carries anti-inflammatory and cooling properties. These properties help to reduce bags under the eyes inflammation caused by Ultraviolet rays, Study confirmed. In like manner, Vitamin E is an antiaging agent that treat sunburn, dark under eyes and other naturally moisturize your skin.
You Will Need
• Coffee (grounded) – 1 tablespoon
• Aloe vera gel – 1 tablespoon
• Vitamin E oil – 1 teaspoon
• Mix all things together in a bowl to a fine paste.
• Apply to your skin and let it work for 20 minutes.
• Wash your face and repeat the process until eye bags removes.
Green Tea Bags – The Dark Circle Home Remedies
Green tea is another best remedy for dark circle under eyes due to its amazing nutrition. Yes, green tea is full of skin-friendly properties such as antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes and various Vitamins. Studies have found that green tea rich in tannin which is an astringent that is great for bags under the eyes. If someone asks you how to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast? Make aware that person with the effect of green tea. Green tea also high in polyphenols that provide a defensive shield around your skin to protect from free radicals.
You Will Need
• Green tea bag (used) – 2
• Refrigerate used green tea bags for an hour.
• After that place green tea bags on the affected areas for 20 minutes.
• Repeat the process twice a day till dark circle gone.
Almond Oil – The Dark Circle Home Remedies
Almond oil is an ultimate solution for dark circles under eyes due to its magical attributes. Experts believe that anti-inflammatory properties of almond remove dark circles and under eye puffiness fast. Chinese have been used almond oil in under eye treatment for many years. Almond oil is a natural emollient that also reduces dark spots and makes your skin more attractive. Almond oil is one of best home remedies for dark circle.
You Will Need
• Almond oil – 1 teaspoon
• Lemon juice (fresh) – 5 drops
• Mix both ingredients together and gently massage under eyes for 2 minutes.
• Let it work for 5 minutes then wash your face.
• Repeat simple remedy once a day for 2 weeks.
Cucumber – The Dark Circle Home Remedies
Cucumber is another best home treatment for dark circles and under eyes bags for many reasons. Scientists discover many powerful antioxidants such as iso- scoparin, cucurbitacins, and orientin that simply have a positive effect on the dark circle and eye bags. Moreover, cucumber also rich in Vitamin C and K, both elements also work best to eliminate puffiness. Other studies have also confirmed that cooling effect of cucumber surprisingly lower dark circle.
You Will Need
• Cucumber – 4 slice
• Store sliced cucumber refrigerator for 10 minutes.
• Put under your eyes and wait for 10 minutes.
• Repeat the process twice a day.
• Coconut oil face mask also have positive effect on dark circles (optional)
Egg White & Lemon Mask – The Dark Circle Home Remedies
Egg white & lemon is another effective home remedy for the dark circles with promising results. Many ancient civilizations have been used egg white in their beauty treatments to deal premature aging, acne, blackheads and under eye puffiness. In like manner lemon also good for your skin. A study has found that lemon contains L-ascorbic acid which is strong astringent to fight dark circles. Together egg white & lemon mask is one the best dark circle home remedies.
You will Need
• Egg white – 1
• Lemon juice – 4 drops
• Mix both items together.
• Apply dark under eyes and make sure not to put this mask on eye hairs.
• Wait for 10 minutes and remove this mask.
• Repeat the process once a day for 10 days.
Mashed Potatoes – The Dark Circle Home Remedies
Last but not least, mashed potatoes are for those who ask how to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast and quick. Yes, potatoes contain some natural bleaching properties, enzymes, Vitamins and catecholase which help to reduce puffiness under your eyes. Furthermore anti-inflammatory properties of potatoes lower swelling and redness on your skin caused by different allergic reactions. Potatoes can be used with different household ingredients but I am going to share an ideal remedy.
You Will Need
• Potato – 1
• extra virgin olive oil – 2 teaspoons
• Honey – 1 teaspoon
• Peel off potatoes and finely chop.
• Mix all ingredients in a food processor to a fine paste.
• Store in a clean container.
• Apply under eyes and wait for 30 minutes.
• Repeat the simple process twice a week.
Note: always use raw honey. I am a big fan of honey, for this reason, I’ll recommend you to try Honey face mask.
Tips & Precautions
Above all dark circle home remedies are effective and play a vital role but you are highly advised to change your lifestyle and some bad habits. Listed below are some points you should follow for under eye treatment.
- Take care of your Diet, increase the intake of vitamin K, vitamin C and iron in your diet.
- Sleep at least 7 hours a day.
- Avoid Sun Exposure, apply sunscreen or glass while going outside.
- Lower the level of Aggression & Depression.
- Remove Makeup while going to sleep.
- Don’t use mascara or eyeliner.
- Drink more Water.
You need to try this Water challenge for healthy skin
- Lower the intake of Salt.
- Avoid Smoking & Alcohol consumption.
- Do some Exercises.